Terms & conditions
Opening paragraph Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition. Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
ReadinMann The promoter of this Competition is ReadinMann a Social Media Campaign to encourage reading in all forms and for all ages.
Who can enter ● The Competition is only open to those living in the The British Isles
● Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified.
● We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than 4 competitions in the last month.
● There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
Dates of competition The Competition opens on Monday 22nd April at 7am and closes at midnight Monday 6th May 2019
Entrants can enter at any point between these dates.
How to enter ● To enter the competition and entrants will need to a) share or retweet the post b) look at the picture and imagine it is the cover for their first novel. c) Create a title for that novel AND write the first sentence of that novel in the comments box.
● Entrants can only enter the Competition once, but can like, share, comment, tweet and RT as many times as they like
How will the winner be selected & announced
● The winner will be selected on merit; humour, originality, inventiveness for example.
● Entrants will be judged by ReadinMann
- There will be one prize for Facebook and one prize to be drawn from Twitter and Instagram entrants.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
● The winner will be notified by FB message, Twitter or Instagram as appropriate within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
Details of prize ● The prize for winning the Facebook competition will be “Write to be Published” by Nicola Morgan, value of £8.99 and the prize for the Twitter and Instagram competition will be “How NOT to Write a Novel” by Sandra Newman and Howard Mittlemark value £9.99
● The Prizes are as stated and they cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services.
● The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner
Marketing promotions ● Readinmann reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
● Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by Readinmann and/or its content suppliers.
● Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Readinmann or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
● Where you are able to submit any contribution to this competition you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Readinmann a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant Readinmann the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Readinmann.
● By submitting your contribution to Readinmann you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Readinmann for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify Readinmann against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Readinmann as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
Data protection ● You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on Readinmann digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
● Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with UK and Manx data regulations and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
● By entering the Competition, you agree that Readinmann may contact you in relation to the Competition.
Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
● This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, FaceBook, Twitter nor Instagram platforms or any other social network
General liability cover
●Readinmann do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition.
● Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Readinmann and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
● any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
● any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and
● any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Readinmann reasonable control.
● Readinmann does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind and no responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
●Readinmann shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
● You agree to indemnify Readinmann against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Readinmann.
● We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date terms and conditions on the Website and in the case of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and those on the Website, the Website terms and conditions will apply.
● These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of The Isle of Man. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of The Isle of Man.
The competition opens at 7am Monday 22nd of May and closes at midnight Monday 6th of May 2019.